Does anyone know grants or anything that helps with construction on an old house?

By , April 13, 2013

My brother recently bought a house and it has a lot of old wiring in it that needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of any type of grants or etc. that will help with this. The money he was given to upgrade the house isn’t covering all the repairs. Does anyone have any ideas that might be able to help out. Thanks in advance.

2 Responses to “Does anyone know grants or anything that helps with construction on an old house?”

  1. thewrangler_sw says:

    Your local Community Action agency would be the best place to start looking.

    Community Action agencies are serving over 96% of all counties in the USA, and offer a wide range of services. If I remember correctly, the last figures stated that CAA’s were administering over 94% of all Community Service Block Grants. Your local agency will know not only what programs you can sign up for, and from who (Social Services, USDA, etc), but also what local charities are doing in the area.

    Even if he cannot find help with the electrical rewiring, he might be able to get a grant to do something else in the home, and redirect the money that would have gone into that, into the wiring.

    I know there are programs available to help those who are disabled, or with a low income, or senior citizens, with ‘winterization’ of homes (upgrading insulation, heating systems, etc), as well as with utility bills, or making a home more handicap friendly, etc.

    Good Luck

OfficeFolders theme by Themocracy

This website does not offer advice or reccommendations of any type. If you have an electrical need please consult an electrician.
All information here is from third party sites.
How do I be come an electrician?